20051105

So I find myself now thankfully in much more familiar surroundings, on the large Sirrus 12 Docking Platform where they’ve just brought me from my encounter with the giant starwhale, which was quite an interesting experience. Now the management of this platform informed me that the name of this particular starwhale is Daisy and incredibly, have been keeping her as a pet – and tourist attraction – for past few years. They sincerely apologised for any inconvenience caused and have kindly provided me with a small room on board the platform for as long as I need to stay. “She’s not normally like this” one of the rescue crew assured me as they were getting me out, “I’m not really sure what’s wrong with her today.”

The whole process took a relatively short amount of time. The rescue boat arrived shortly after I had contacted them from the belly of the whale and they ran me through the whole process, which it seemed like they may have already done more than a few times before. The procedure for me was very simple. I just had to sit there, strap myself in and hang on. It seemed like Daisy had been through quite a bit of obedience training in her years in orbit with the Sirrus 12 platform. The crew read commands to her using their radiowave transmitter, which conveniently, I could also hear from inside the escape pod. Starwhales it turns out are especially sensitive to a very large spectrum of electromagnetic waves, of which some they use just like a sense of hearing.

“Daisy, Daisy, here girl!” came the first transmission. I felt a slight momentary jerk backwards as she responded and I heard a loud squeal on the same radio frequency, presumably Daisy’s exclamation of excitement “Good girl, now stop!” another jolt forwards. “Who’s been a naughty little girl, Daisy? Who’s been a very bad girl, swallowing our guests?” came another transmission followed by a low-pitched apologetic squawk from the whale, as though she knew she was getting into trouble. “Now, give it back Daisy, like a good girl, drop it. Give it back.” I heard another low squeal then began to feel some movement. Soon I was thrust back into the freedom of space along with various other objects and substances that were accompanying me in what I now know was not actually one of Daisy’s twenty-three stomaches, but was merely in temporary holding inside one of her storage glands. You learn something new each day. Nevertheless, I think I’ll still be telling the story of how I was almost eaten by a giant starwhale, for many years to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home