20051103

I was asleep almost before I even hit the large, soft mattress of the bed and during the night I dreamed a few things, weird things, most of which I can’t really remember. I’m always having strange dreams like that. I dreamed I was on a strange, uncolonised planet that was all just barren rock and all the mountains, stones and rocks looked like me. I dreamed I was flying a giant war cruiser into battle against an unknown enemy. I dreamed I was back at home on the farm again where I grew up, playing out in the fields. I heard my father calling me to come inside, but I didn’t and just kept running further and further from the house, until I must have come to the edge of a cliff or something because the next thing I knew, I felt myself falling into deep dark nothingness.

That was when I woke up, with a sudden jolt. I looked across the room and was somewhat surprised to see that the reality screen was switched on and was showing some kind of nature show or something. I couldn’t really see very well without my glasses, which I guessed I must have forgotten to take off before I fell asleep and must have fallen off somewhere around the bed. Eventually I found them, put them on and looked over to see a girl who looked very much like the girl from last night who took me from the junk ship last night. She was just sitting there in front of the realityvision, watching it intently. Her hair had changed – it was a sandy blonde rather than straight jet black – and she was wearing very different clothes to the outfit she had on before, but I was certain it was her. “Vanessa?” I asked after I realised I was just sitting there staring. She turned to look at me and immediately smiled as she got up and approached. “My name’s not Vanessa,” she replied with a small laugh, “it’s Lillie.”

Now I think I’m still trying to take it all in really, but it was indeed her, the very same person, but also in another sense it wasn’t. She apologised for my treatment the night before and said that it was an unavoidable necessity in order not to create too much suspicion. She went on to explain things a little further, although she seemed in quite a hurry. I don’t know whether it was just the initial shock of everything or something else, but I not quite certain I understood all she was trying to say. I think she sensed that I wasn’t really getting it before too long and stopped. She took my hand and placed in it a small realityvision disk, and told me that she would be back again a bit later, but in the meantime, I was to watch the screen and try to keep an open mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home