20051101

Starting this new journal, mainly because I’ve been really quite bored lately. Life for a former, deep space, travelling Immotec Inc. salesman and technician, who’s now in somewhat of a transitional period piloting cargo freighters, trying to get some writing done, and the like, is just not that exciting most of the time, especially not these days. So not content with simply boring myself, I felt the need to set it all down on paper, as they say, simply to pass the time away. Of course, the occasional interesting thing does happen every so often, and I admit I have seen more than a few things in my day, but lately things have been very uneventful. Do you ever get that feeling where you just wish that something exciting would happen just out of the clear black sky, like a giant asteroid coming out of nowhere and colliding with us, if only to liven up the day a little bit? I usually try to live the simple life as much as I can. You always hear all the great space bohemia stories that are passed around from planet to planet.

It always amazes me how many cockroaches there are here in the far reaches of outer space; resilient little critters they are. Another brand new spray is being advertised on the reality screen again. I guess if there weren’t any cockroaches out here and everywhere, all those companies would go out of business or something. I doubt that will ever happen. The reception is terrible though at the moment; won’t be decent again until we get a little closer to the system we’re headed for, which is still quite a way away I think. I don’t even know why I bother to watch it. There’s nothing ever good on anyway, six hundred million channels and not a single decent program to speak of. Well I guess there’s not really all that much else you can do on a giant, floating, tin can filled with junk.

So I guess I should tell you all about how we got here, kind of stranded on this junk ship. Oh and I’ll introduce you to that crazy Mervyn Malone and maybe even tell you stories about all the antics he and I had been up to in our time on the ship. These days he seems to have lost his adventurous spirit somewhat. I’m not sure where he is now; wandering around the ship somewhere no doubt, thinking about something or other. There aren’t too many other people on board here, not like some of the other ships I’ve been on, but then again, I haven’t ever been on a junk ship before and I guess they don’t really need too many people on deck. Along with my usual piloting shift, I’ve managed to help out and keep myself useful, but in actual fact, there’s really not too much to do and I find myself often just walking around, thinking about this and that, humming a tune or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home