20051103

I watched from the rather large window of the room they had put me in, as the Starship Alliance pulled away from the old junk freighter I’d come to know so well. I wondered just how long the freighter had before it would be destroyed by the phage, if there would be any survivors. I wondered if Mervyn would find a way to escape. I knew if anyone could, it would be him. He was always very good at escaping his work shifts.

The room they had me locked in was actually quite nice and believe it or not, I actually began to feel quite at home there after only a short while and could have almost forgotten that I was being held prisoner for a second or two. The walls were bright white and illuminated with strip-lights that ran across the rim of the entire ceiling. There was a large bed, a coffee table and all kinds of other pieces of furniture. You could not even compare it to my quarters back on the junk ship. On the far wall, it even had quite a large reality screen and after I began to tire from waiting for someone to come and explain to me exactly what this was all about, I figured they wouldn’t mind if I watched a few minutes.

I turned it on and flicked around for a bit, but it’s strange, I couldn’t find any of my usual favourite channels, and the programs that were being shown were unlike anything I’d seen before. It’s kind of hard to explain, but one thing I did notice was that in just about every show, they had people helping each other and cooperating, instead of trying to blow everyone up and things like that. None of the shows seemed to hold my attention for too long and pretty soon I had to turn off the whole thing, resolving that no one was going to come and I might as well just try get a good night’s rest. I certainly need it after all that’s happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home