20051102

Day 02. The Boarding

Well it seems my days spent on board that disgusting junk freighter seem to have come to a premature end. Now although I find myself in much nicer surroundings – no more large cockroaches running around everywhere – it seems that I am being held here against my will and am being taken to who knows where, to see who knows who. But I am glad to be off that ship now, especially all that business with the green phage and everything. Now as for all this stuff about being a traitor and a spy, I know I’ve done a few things in my lifetime, but I don’t ever remember doing anything like that. And I’m still not quite certain who these people are who’ve taken me from my ship, but with galactic politics the way they are at the moment, they could be anyone. A traitor to one group is almost certainly a hero to another. Now I’m not claiming to be anyone’s hero either, but that’s just the way it seems to happen in all those narratives you see on the reality screens.

At least it’s something exciting to break the almost unbearable monotony, but I knew I should have been careful for what I wished for. Anyway, so what happened was that they explained that they had been sent by an undisclosed party to search me out and bring me to justice or something like that. Then the two men reached over and grabbed me, gave me a few good punches, two in the stomach and one on the jaw, and asked me if I wanted to do this the easy way. I didn’t want to find out what the hard way was.

They let me collect a few of my things, which I thought was nice of them, and so I gathered together a few clothes and things that were just lying in the corner amongst the junk. There were lots of things that I left there, but I didn’t really mind leaving it all that much, but as I stuffed one last container of my medication into my pockets, I saw there, in the dark corner a dim glow. I turned around to check on the others, who seemed busy talking to the captain, then turned back for a closer look. I was quite certain it was one of the green phage, slowly munching away on the corpse of a large cockroach. I looked around some more and saw a few more there in the shadows. I hurriedly emptied the container of pills into my pocket, casually raised my foot, and brought it down hard on one of little critters, and collected all the little pieces up into the container. For the interests of science.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home