20051103

Day 03. The Starship Alliance

Well to say that things have been rather hectic around the Starship Alliance for the past few hours would be a drastic understatement. I’m taking this opportunity here in an attempt to keep a record of the events that could very well be the last of my life. I’m not even joking when I say, “I have a very bad feeling about this.” Not two hours ago, Lillie burst back into the room screaming something about how they’d just picked up the hyperspace signature of a Conglomerate heavy patrol cruiser – the real authorities – on a direct intercept course with the Alliance and after rummaging around in her various pockets, she handed me a little storage chip, telling me it was of paramount importance that I deliver it’s contents to the leaders of the Free Radicals and not let it slip into the hands of the Conglomerate at all costs.

The panic on board the ship was quite palpable, people running and yelling things at each other here and there, as Lillie led me hurriedly down the hall towards the escape pods, just about pulling my arm right from the socket as she went. We ran past the engine room and from what I could tell, it seemed that they were going to attempt an emergency jump to hyperspace, this being quite a risky venture even in the best of circumstances, I didn’t like their chances and offered to help out. I did what I could, but it was too late; the Conglomerate ship was soon right on top of us, firing multiple barrages of purple laser blasts that seemed to violently shake the ship like crazy with every hit.

The Starship Alliance and everyone on board, after some time it seemed, eventually resigned to the fact that their capture was inescapable. I headed again for the emergency escape pod bay, where Lillie reminded me a second time of my mission to deliver the information on the chip she had given me to the Free Radicals, adding that the fate and entire future of the galaxy was in my hands. That statement made me feel much, much worse. I asked her if she would come with me as I stepped into one of the pods, but while closing the pod hatch she told me that the Conglomerate regard her as much too valuable to let escape so easily this time, and that I was her only hope. I watched her through the window as I was lowered for ejection, then again looked out to the starship fire fight that was rapidly shrinking into the distance, hoping that they would not be following any time soon.

1 Comments:

At 03:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, vaguely familiar does this sound to me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home