20051106

Well I’m still extremely shaken by what has just happened, and don’t really understand a lot of it or know what’s going on at all. I guess I never really do in the best of times though, but this is just a little bit different. I’m still on Johnny Lightsmith’s shuttle craft. However Johnny Lightsmith is no longer on board. I’m all alone in here and I’ve been pacing up and down the ship for hours, just thinking about what has happened and trying to decide my next course of action. Why is everything so hard? Why does it sometimes seem that the whole universe is against me? Fitzroy versus the universe is our next match, who wants tickets?

Things just don’t seem to be going my way these days and I have no idea why. I sometimes get rather frustrated when I can’t control my surroundings, my future and everything and these past few days, it’s been like I’ve been a leaf floating in the wind. I think I still remember what a leaf looks like. I’ve been up in space for so long. It really can’t be healthy for a human I don’t think. Sometimes I actually think that it would just be a good idea to find a good planet to settle on, find a nice girl and live the simple life, but then again, it’s quite possible that before too long I might become bored of it all, starved for adventure all over again. I’m going crazy thinking about this, so I guess I’ll just get on with the stupid story.

Ok, so here’s what happened then. Everything was fine at first. We boarded Johnny’s ship and he even began to lighten up as we left the hanger bay, become a bit more like his old self again and started talking about old times a bit. I just mainly sat and listened. Johnny’s really the type of person that you can just let him fill most of the conversation for you and only occasionally put in the odd yeahs and uh huhs. Pretty soon we were a long way away from where we had left from. The Sirrus 12 Docking and Departure Platform and Daisy the starwhale had disappeared into the distance, almost as though they had never even existed. I started to think that perhaps they didn’t exist except in my mind and that I’ve just been dreaming this whole time. It’s insane I know, but sometimes I just start thinking like that. Anyway, so I guess once it seemed like we were sufficiently far away for Johnny, he looked down at the radar, put the ship on autopilot and turned to me. Hmm, what’s that noise coming from the other room? I’ll be back a bit later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home