20051105

Day 05. The Sirrus 12 Docking and Departure Platform

Well I was almost thinking about not going tonight to meet up with Johnny Lightsmith at the docks and I had this feeling that I get sometime where I just want to run away from everything that’s going on and hide in a secluded corner of space forever. The whole idea just kept pressing and pressing on my mind and all I could do was keep thinking to myself that all this sounded like more trouble than it was worth and that I was just going to keep digging myself in deeper and deeper. I mean really, who am I to be getting involved with all these things going on in the galaxy? But then I remembered back to the Starship Alliance when they were being boarded by the authorities, the sincerity and hope in Lillie’s big wide eyes as she looked into mine, entrusting the destiny of that chip, something she held so critical, to me. I knew in my heart that I could not just run and hide this time, as I had done so many times before.

I left my room so that I could be there at the departure bay at twenty hundred exactly. There were people and aliens everywhere, walking up and down the corridors, a sea of faces in every direction that you looked, but then from the corner of my eye, I spotted a figure that seemed to be following me, large and dark. I thought it was just my imagination at first, but then after a few more turns, it was still behind me. Finally I got to the dock and it seemed like I had lost whoever it was. I thought maybe I was just being paranoid and there wasn’t anyone following me at all. I can get like that sometimes.

Standing at the departure bay I could not see Johnny anywhere, so I just looked around here and there at everyone preparing for their voyages. All the gazes and glances from the passers by, seemed to offer nothing but distain and mistrust or a vague uninterested sidewards stare. I started to get the feeling that everyone was watching me, even though not too many were looking at me at all. I swear I’m crazy sometimes, but these days I guess it’s hard for anyone not to be. Pretty soon Johnny showed up. He seemed different, really different from before, all serious and everything as he led me to his ship and not really talking at all. Just as I stepped on board, I looked around to see the dark shadowy figure from before just standing and watching us board the ship. I wonder who it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home